This program supports conferences and workshops that explore current, policy-relevant US-Japan issues. Concept Papers are accepted on a rolling basis and must be submitted at least one month prior to the project start date.
- Only submissions from U.S. organizations with 501(c)(3) status will be accepted.
- Applicants must include a Japanese perspective;
- Contemporary, policy-oriented topics relevant to both the U.S. and Japan;
- Ideas and/or participants that include a broad range of viewpoints;
- Clear and concrete articulation of project design including methodology, participants, events, goals of the project, and outcomes;
- At least 1 event, such as a symposium, conference, or workshop, to support dialogue and networking, online events also qualify;
- A minimum of 20% of the total project budget must be secured from non-CGP sources such as the applying institution or other sources;
- Projects must begin between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
- Concept papers of 2-4 pages stating project rationale, participants, events, and estimated budget should be submitted via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least one month prior to the project's starting date.
- IF invited, please submit an application through our online application portal. Applicants will need to submit a hard copy of the Application Cover Sheet with original signatures. In light of the changes in work situations related to COVID-19, we are temporarily accepting scanned signatures, but original signatures may need to be submitted in the future.
- While most of the application process has been moved online, we still need a hard copy of the Application Cover Sheet with original signatures. In light of the changes in work situations related to COVID-19, we are temporarily accepting scanned signatures, but original signatures may need to be submitted in the future.
Attn: Intellectual Exchange Program
Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership
1700 Broadway, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Ready to Apply? Please click here: Apply Now