This program supports conferences and workshops that explore current, policy-relevant US-Japan issues. Concept Papers are accepted on a rolling basis and must be submitted at least one month prior to the project start date.
- Only submissions from U.S. organizations with 501(c)(3) status will be accepted.
- Remark; Due to safety concerns surrounding the global pandemic, the Japan Foundation is currently not able to support any projects that include travel between the U.S. and Japan. Japan Foundation may consider supporting these types of projects again when the U.S. is classified by Japanese government as infectious disease risk level 2 or lower. (Although it's only in Japanese language, you can find the world map in the middle of this webpage. The area painted in dark purple were classified level 3, including U.S.)
- Applicants must include a Japanese perspective;
- Contemporary, policy-oriented topics relevant to both the U.S. and Japan;
- Ideas and/or participants that include a broad range of viewpoints;
- Clear and concrete articulation of project design including methodology, participants, events, goals of the project, and outcomes;
- At least 1 event, such as a symposium, conference, or workshop, to support dialogue and networking, online events also qualify;
- A minimum of 20% of the total project budget must be secured from non-CGP sources such as the applying institution or other sources;
- Projects must begin between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
- Concept papers of 2-4 pages stating project rationale, participants, events, and estimated budget should be submitted via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least one month prior to the project's starting date.
- IF invited, please submit an application through our online application portal. Applicants will need to submit a hard copy of the Application Cover Sheet with original signatures. In light of the changes in work situations related to COVID-19, we are temporarily accepting scanned signatures, but original signatures may need to be submitted in the future.
- While most of the application process has been moved online, we still need a hard copy of the Application Cover Sheet with original signatures. In light of the changes in work situations related to COVID-19, we are temporarily accepting scanned signatures, but original signatures may need to be submitted in the future.
Attn: Intellectual Exchange Program
Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership
1700 Broadway, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Ready to Apply? Please click here: Apply Now