Like many other U.S.- Japan related non-profit organizations, Japan America Societies and Japanese Gardens have been struggling to maintain organizational stability and regular programming as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The objective of this program is to provide support to an organizational sustainability project or salary assistance that will lead to long-term operational stability.
- Round 1 deadline is July 30, 2021 (for projects beginning before November 30, 2021)
- Round 2 deadline is November 30, 2021 (for projects beginning before March 31, 2022)
CGP welcomes proposed projects that fall under the following categories: A or B. The organization must choose one category and may only apply once.
A. Organizational Sustainability Project (up to $20,000)
To improve organizational stability in the short term while creating practices that lead to long-term sustainability. Project examples: Fundraising, Strategic Planning, Communications Planning
B. Salary Assistance (up to $30,000)
To strengthen organizational capacity by hiring a new staff member to fill a new position or a position vacant due to the pandemic. Cannot be used to support current staff. Project examples: Management, Program Development, Membership, Public Relations
U.S.-based Japan America Societies and Japanese Gardens with 501(c) (3) status under the Internal Revenue Code.
- Clear and concrete articulation of immediate needs and feasibility of the project;
- At least one (1) tangible output that will lead to long-term outcomes and sustained positive impact in the organization and community such as:
- Strategic planning report that focuses on changes that can be implemented in a Society/ Garden changed by COVID-19.
- Event (virtual or in-person: symposium, conference, workshop, etc.)
- Projects must begin by the following date;
- Round 1 projects (deadline July 30, 2021) must begin before November 30, 2021
- Round 2 projects (deadline November 30, 2021) must begin before March 31, 2022
- An organization must choose one category and may only apply once.
Please download and read the full guidelines prior to starting the application process.
Full proposals must be received by 6:00 p.m. (EST), July 30, 2021 or November 30, 2021.
Proposals will be reviewed and applicants will be notified approximately 7 weeks after the proposal deadline.
Proposals must include the following sections, arranged in this order: